Giving Something Back
Working with Local Charities
Polka Dot House is keen to give something back to the local community where it can. Since we launched in September 2010, Polka Dot House has donated money to the following charities:
St Wilfred's Hospice
St Wilfrid's Hospice has been in Chichester since 1987 and over the years has grown in size developing the services provided. It is now a 14 bed inpatient unit with day care facilities, an education unit, a hospice at home service, and nurse specialist based in the community. St Wilfred's relies on the generosity and support of volunteers and donors alike with only 15% of its income coming from the NHS. The other 85% of its income is generated from fundraising and retail. St Wilfrid's has 8 shops and a donations centre in a number of towns in the local area and has over 400 volunteers who help out by generously giving their time both in the hospice and in our shops.
The Sussex Snowdrop Trust
The Sussex Snowdrop Trust is a unique charity offering 'Care at Home' for local children who have a life threatening illness or who may be terminally ill. The Trust, based in the Chichester area of West Sussex, provides care at home by children's community nurses & nurse support workers, emotional support which is met by Snowdrop counsellors and financial help for families coping with the day-to-day problems of caring for a very sick child.
Community Playcentre @ Walberton
Community Playcentre @ Walberton is a newly formed charity aiming to provide the community in Walberton, West Sussex and the surrounding area with a dedicated children's playcentre building which will be used for a range of education and leisure services for local children.
Stonepillow offers shelter, information and support to empower homeless and vulnerable people to make positive changes in their lives. It aims to create a safer environment that promotes social inclusion with practical assistance and without prejudice.